As with all holiday destinations, when you get there what are you going to do for the week or two?
Some just want to chill out and relax in the sun, read books, listen to music and recharge – all fine for a few days… then what?
Morocco is not just a melting pot of cultures, it is a hive of activity which caters for pretty much any sport, hobby or urge you have.
Here are a few of our favourites, but this is not limited in anyway – if you want to do something just ask! How about skiing in the mountains in the morning and surfing in the afternoon – not many places this can be done but you can in Morocco!
Our top 5 are:
- Surfing – Morocco has some of the best surfing in Africa – even the Aussies come here to surf.
- Fishing – both deep sea and beach casting – some huge sharks, tuna and marlin have been caught just off the coast
- Hiking and walking – for the more adventurous there are many unspoilt mountain hikes with simply stunning views and for the rest of us, places like Paradise Valley is the place to head for – wild but not too wild. At the end of the walk there is a little hut which offers tea and honey cakes – just perfect after a long walk!
- Quad biking in the sand dunes or in the mountains – simply just amazing fun
- Shopping – explore the old Souk in Agadir. This ancient Souk is enclosed in and old fortress 3km square – dont forget your entrance number or you will be in here for days – real moroccans selling everything you can imagine – these guys know how to haggle – a masterclass in haggling is required!
Leave A Comment